Please provide your forwarding address to Hinsdale Properties for Security Deposit returns. Click here to submit the move-out form online.
Call the office to schedule a FINAL move-out inspection time for your move-out day. Be sure that the apartment is completely empty and cleaned for this final inspection. Failure to do so will result in additional charges.
Contact the utility companies to cancel services. Your utility account must remain active until the last day of your lease, even if you vacate prior to your lease ending date. Also, remember to return your modem, router, and any other cable/internet equipment issued by the provider per their instructions.
DO NOT leave items on the greenbelt or outside dumpsters. Please do not throw anything other than normal household trash or recycling in the onsite trash or recycling containers. Violations of this policy will incur a fine. If you need to have junk removed, please contact Got Junk, Grunts Move Junk or All Cycle Transfer Station in Williston. If the furniture is in very good condition, meaning no rips or stains, you might want to reach out to Resource.
All keys given during the term of your rental (including mailbox keys) must be returned or a lock change will be required. Please see your lease for the cost of lock changes.
Remove all parking stickers, including on-street resident passes, from vehicles and leave on the kitchen counter. There is a $250 fine for unreturned passes.
Please fill out a change of address form for USPS services on their website. Any mail received after your move-out will be returned to the sender since the mailbox will no longer be registered to you. If you fill out the form on the USPS website, they will forward your mail to your new address.
The following items are necessary to receive your full security deposit refund. If these items are completed, and there are no damages, unpaid late charges, delinquent rents, or utilities, your security deposit, plus interest as required by statute, will be forwarded to your new address, or other forwarding address.
- WALLS must be clean. A mild solution will remove ordinary dirt, grease, and marks. Clean scuffs with a rag or magic eraser. Remove all nails, stickers, and tape from the walls and ceilings. Fill holes left behind. If you have painted the apartment, please return the walls to a neutral color.
- FLOORS AND BASEBOARDS must be clean. If we have to scrub floors to remove excess wax, dirt, or residue, the labor cost will be charged to you. You must sweep/vacuum & mop your unit. Mop all hardwood floors with a wood-friendly cleaner and all tile/linoleum floors with hot water and sanitizing agent.
- CLOSETS must be emptied, completely washed and particular attention should be given to scuff marks. In addition, door tracks and bi-folds doors must be wiped clean.
- KITCHEN cabinets and drawers must be clean inside and out. All drawers and cabinet shelves need to be crumb-free and cleaned with a cleaner such as Mr. Clean or Clorox. Wipe down countertops and scrub sinks with Comet or a similar product to remove mineral deposits and tough stains.
- REFRIDGERATOR must be absolutely clean, and freezer defrosted. Be sure to clean behind & underneath the refrigerator (easiest when off & room temp). Please unplug and leave the door open.
- STOVE must be clean inside and out. Clean oven, oven drawer, and under burners with oven cleaner. Also, lift the stovetop and clean it if it opens. Clean/replace burner drip pans if stained/damaged. Be sure to clean behind and underneath the oven. The vent hood above the range must be cleaned and the filter washed out (if applicable).
- BATHROOM medicine cabinet, vanity and sink, toilet, and fixtures must be cleaned with Comet/bleach. Clean thoroughly (inside and out) and dry all fixtures. Thoroughly clean the bathtub and/or shower and the tile around the bathtub and toilet.
- LIGHT FIXTURES & CEILING FANS must be clean/dusted and all proper wattage working bulbs must be in place.
- HEAT VENTS & COLD AIR RETURNS must be clean and dusted.
- WINDOWS must be washed on the inside and sliding tracks and sills must be cleaned out.
- DOORS must be wiped clean. A magic eraser will help with removing any marks.
- PORCHES must be swept, and all debris removed.
- STORAGE ROOMS/ GARAGES must be completely emptied and swept.
- REFUSE and unwanted items must be removed from the unit. Do not throw anything other than normal household trash or recycling in the onsite trash or recycling containers. If you need to have junk/ furniture removed, you can contact Got Junk or Grunts Move Junk. If the furniture is in very good condition, meaning no rips or stains, you might want to reach out to a ReStore.
- RETURN ALL KEYS AND PARKING PASSES to Hinsdale Properties at your move-out inspection.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office.
Hinsdale Properties would like to thank you for renting from us and wish you all the best!