How to properly sublet your apartment:
1. Find a suitable sublettor, that your current roommates get along with
2. Notify Hinsdale Properties, at least 60 days in advance, the date that the original tenant will move out and the sublettor will move in
3. Have the sublettor fill out an application on our website
4. If the sublettor is a student, have a parent/relative fill out a cosigner form
5. Sign the Roommate Lease Addendum sent electronically to you by Hinsdale Properties.
Please note the following:
Hinsdale Properties does not do room turnovers between original tenants and sublettors. Security deposit and other transactions between roommates/sublettors are not supervised or enforced by Hinsdale Properties. Once a lease addendum is signed the deposit is officially transferred to the named individual, and the signer accepts the “as is” condition of the apartment. Credit check fees may apply to any new applicants and cosigners.